Saturday, November 7, 2009

November 23

The past week has been a whirlwind of activity.  Captain Tom, Tracey and I have been busy preparing the boat, and it appears to be quite ready to make way.

Captain Tom has installed a fish finder on The Poinsettia.  I’ll admit, I was skeptical that the technology would work since dolphins are technically not fish, but Captain Tom assured me that it wouldn’t be a problem.  “They swim, don’t they?” he said.  “This here machine is the best me money can buy, Chief.  No need to worry.”  I believe him.

Tracey decided that she wants to come with us.  I was hesitant, fearing that there would be some danger out there, and I certainly don’t want her to run the risk of being injured or caught by the Coast Guard.  But she insisted, and Captain Tom is all right with it, so I guess that’s that.

Something seems to be happening between Tracey and I.  She is behaving much differently toward me than when I first called her weeks ago.  I think she shares my enthusiasm for dolphins.

No comments:

Post a Comment